Attention Dwight Public School Students and Families:
In consultation with the Livingston County Health Department and out of abundance of caution for the safety of our students, faculty and staff, Dwight Public Schools will be in full remote learning from all students (Grade School & High School) beginning Monday, November 30th through Friday, December 18th. Building administration will assess the return to in-person learning over the holiday break.
While I know this will be an inconvenience for everyone, we will be following Illinois Department of Public Health Covid Protocols and addressing current issues as well as minimizing the risks of additional virus spread. Currently, those who tested Covid positive and those deemed close contacts through formal tracing procedures have been notified and have taken appropriate steps to quarantine.
Additional communication will be sent to parents/guardians and students from their building administrators and their teachers. Please not the following additional information:
· Remote learning November 30th through December 18th
· There will be off-campus programing, this includes LCSSU, LACC and RAS
· There will be no after school extra-curricular activities at either school
· Faculty and staff will be working from the schools and from their homes. The buildings will be closed to all parents/guardians and students during these three weeks
· Meal deliveries will begin Tuesday, December 1st
· Instructional materials and food services will continue to be picked up and delivered to student homes over the next three weeks
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences to everyone, but I hope you agree the safety for our students and staff is my number one priority. If you have any questions, please contact me or your child’s building administrators.
In these difficult times, we are each other’s greatest resource. Stay safe, everyone.